Wednesday, April 23, 2014

What We See MATTERS....



Shortly after Hosanna was born, I felt the Holy Spirit whisper that I was entering a "season of prayer". For many years after that I would spend time praying and listening to the Holy Spirit. Sometimes 2 - 4 hours a day.


I'd pour over Isaiah. At one point, this caught my eye...


"The Lord has made proclamation to the ends of the earth: 'Say to the Daughter of Zion, SEE, YOUR SAVIOR COMES! SEE, HIS REWARD IS WITH HIM, and his recompense accompanies Him." 62:11


I felt the Spirit was saying, "Shanna, tell me what do you see?" I began to talk to Him about what I saw, not with my eyes, but with my prophetic imagination. And then I sensed Him saying, "Pray in THAT direction. Step in THAT direction."


John 16:13


"But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. "


All this time later, and I still sense God bringing me back to that question time and time again. Shanna, tell me, what do you see?


Other's saw two young parents with more kids than they could handle.


I saw missionaries, leaders, and world changers.


Other's see piano students, guitar students, and a bunch of little Kindermusik babies running around with scarves.


I see tomorrow's worship leaders.


Other's see diets, energy drinks, and protein bars.


I see discouraged people gaining hope, and momentum -- both with their health and their finances. I see mother's who have the energy to include time for themselves into their day and not neglect their own nourishment. Dad's having energy to play with their children and help in the home after an grueling 8 hour work day in a competitive environment. I see minds that are clear, sharp and able to make good decisions. I see people living free from the draw of sugar -- that was once so strong it literally made their feet stand up and walk to the pantry. I see people who have built their own businesses by genuinely serving one client at a time, and loving well.


Healing. I see healing.


I say what we SEE matters. God says what we SEE matters.


Now, what do you see?


Pray to that end. Step towards THAT. And, start right now why don't ya?


Blessings,




No comments:

Post a Comment