Thursday, April 10, 2014

Spring Play List

Back in January, when I started talking about GOAL SETTING and making NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS...It seemed as if it made some people...nervous.

I got a lot of private messages from people I hadn't seen in years that went something like "How about this for a fitness goal, just be happy with yourself".  And, "It's ok to just enjoy what you've already accomplished." And, "Who needs the pressure?  Just resolve to make no resolutions."  (That last one does make me smile.)

This prompted me to ask B, "When did 'goal setting' start equating to not being happy with yourself?  When did New Year's Resolutions start making so many people nervous?"  

B shrugs, "Blog about it."

Okey Dokey then...

How about, I am happy.  Because happy is my habit.

How about, I do enjoy what I've already accomplished.  Because enjoying is my habit.

And, I agree.  No one needs the pressure of having to be or do more.

So, 

Now that we are all in agreement....

I set goals for 2014 in the 9 areas of life I think are MAJOR.  You may feel there are more I've yet to discover -- or you may feel I've lost my ever loving mind and gone goal setting crazy.  Regardless...here's my list...

Major Areas of Shanna's Life...in no particular order...

1.  Servant Leadership
2.  Education
3.  Spiritual
4.  Social
5.  Financial
6.  Quality of Life (Enjoyment)
7.  Financial
8.  Professional
9.  Marriage and Family

Some of these items I wrote down were true, measurable goals.  

"Put another $1,000 into Emergency Savings Account."  

"Attend a Conference this Year."  

"Read Books".  

Some, I know I'll hit.  

Others, let's just say, a little progress is better than no progress.  I happen to be o.k. with that.

Such as... 

"Practice your Piano 1 Hour a Week".  

Or..

"Write Daily in Thanksgiving Journal."

Some things I wrote down are not measurable goals per say.  They were things tumbling around in my heart and spirit that I wanted to express more throughout the year.  

"Pray for Kids in Foster Care".   

"Weigh less, trust your choices more."

But, truthfully, most of my list were simply things I wanted to do.  Things I really wanted to make time for in 2014.  Things I wanted on my calendar to look forward too.

Mix this with my ineptness to transition from one season to another, and well I went through some of my "New's Resolutions" to come up with my Spring Play List -- Things that boost my spirit to think about, plan and do.  

Spring isn't the best season in Colorado.  Actually, it's the only season Colorado doesn't do well.  So...it's important to plan a little happy into it.


Spring Play List 2014


1.  Make progress on the remodel in the front bathroom.  Yes, I realize I've been saying this for over 1 year now.  365 plus days.  Shake it off!

Here's my newest inspiration...








2.  Take the family to see a movie around Easter Time.  This has NOTHING to do with Jesus.  It's Thorn season.  We're busy kicking butt in life this time of year.  It's just a splurge.  About $100+ for a family of 7 to go to the movies and get a few snacks.  Currently, I cherish the times we all have together -- as it is rare.  So....the choices are....










3.  B and I are beginning to plan a 4 day get away for our 20th Anniversary this summer.  Because...it's a big deal.  We'd love to go see Washington D.C. and touring it on bikes would be a dream come true for me.




Ok, not that...




Anyone have any suggestions on where to stay?  How's about that white house in the back ground?  :)


4.  Paint the downstairs book cases.  Billy will probably have a heart attack when I break out this project.  Pretty sure I'm gonna do it anyways.








5.  Hike the Manitou Incline.  And invite others to do it with me.  2,000 steps to the top.  Yea, gonna be a beast.





By then, it's gonna be SUMMER which is my favorite.  :)

Don't you wish your New Year's Resolutions were as fun as mine?  Hahahaha

I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. LOVE, REALLY LOVE 

To hear how you build a little "happy" into your life!

"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because there is nothing better for a person 
under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany them in their toil 
all the days of the life God has given them under the sun."  Ecclesiastes 8:15


Blessings,








No comments:

Post a Comment