Sunday, October 20, 2013

What's for Dinner?

This past week, was a great one.

It was Fall Break here in Colorado.

For my Florida family, "Fall Break" is exactly like "Spring Break" except it's in the Fall.

Trees everywhere are yellow, orange and red.  Pike's Peak is covered with snow.  We've reluctantly packed up our flip flops, and to soothe the loss of summer, we've busted out the hot cocoa and turned on the gas fire place.

Last week I worked less.  Wore my fuzzy socks more.  Read.  Wrote.  Cooked.
RESTED.

In keeping with my current tradition of "Once a Week Cooking" --

For dinner, this week, I made the following menu on Sunday afternoon:

Tacos
Pot Roast, with Hashbrown Casserole and Green Beans
Chicken Noodle Soup
Fettuccine Alfredo, with Caesar Salad




Pictured here just like I'll store it in fridge.

When asked "What's for dinner"?  I answer, "Mexican, Italian, Soup or Pot Roast.  
Help yourself."  They love me.

The Fettuccine Alfredo, salad and garlic bread were left over from Victoria's birthday party.

The Hashbrown Casserole left over from last week too.

So, today, getting a week's worth of meals together involved cooking a LARGE pan of lean hamburger with taco seasoning and prepping the veggies, putting a roast in the crockpot that cooks on low through the night, sauteing the green beans I froze last week,  and adding left over roasted chicken to Bear Creek's Chicken Noodle Soup Mix (we haven't been crazy about ANY other flavor, but THIS one is really good).

And, in an hour and a half, meals for the week!

Including a few items, single packaged for me -- like greek yogurt with frozen fruit!

As well as the ingredients to make my current favorite lunch:

2 oz roasted chicken (with various seasonings)
Grated Cheese
Roasted Peppers
Diced Onion and Tomato
Sliced Avocado and Spinach
1 T salsa
1 T fat free sour cream

Flavor in a bowl I tell ya!

So, here's to no more cooking this week!

Be blessed!




No comments:

Post a Comment