Sunday, October 20, 2013

And, Victoria, makes 4 TEENAGERS...

This past week, Victoria turned 13.



I'd post more baby pictures, but I honestly can't find any.








I now have 4 teenagers.

But, I find that ALOT easier than a newborn, 1 year old, 4 year old and 5 year old.

When Liz went to Kindergarten, I still had Hosanna, Ben and Victoria at home.

Fourth born in our family.  Only 13 months behind her brother.

Enough said.












To say I remember much of the pregnancy or her birth or even her baby years -- would be a lie I couldn't make seem believable.

During the 9 months of my pregnancy, my father died, my sister got married (and 4 of us were in the wedding), Billy had a job change, and my family at large had a small nervous breakdown...

The day I went into labor, home with a 1, 4, and 5 year old, I didn't call a single person.  B came home from work around 9 pm to find me playing solitaire on the computer.  By the time I said I needed to go to the hospital, we thought she might be born in the car.

We didn't even have a name picked out.

Significant.  We took naming our children seriously.

The day after she arrived, I was on a quest to figure something out for "Baby Girl Ramsdell".  I asked EVERY doctor, nurse and orderly who came into my room, "What's your name?  What's your mothers name?  What's her middle name?"


Victoria Anne.  


"Victory comes Easily" for her as she is "Highly Favored of God."

And, she had a voice right from the start.





We like to make 13 a special year.  An affirming year.

They aren't children anymore.

And, really, Victoria's long since not been a child.

***

I believe in speaking to my children prophetically.

I speak to them in LOTS of ways actually...

But there are moments that I know I am speaking a truth to them, about them, that comes from such a place within me that I know that I know that I know --My voice is simply in agreement with Heaven.

It's not always a scripture.  It's mostly not scripture.

It's not always deep.

It's not a mommy voice.  

It's not encouragement.  

It's more than that.

Text from College kid, "I have a job interview.  I am nervous to meet the people and their kids.  I hope they hire me."

Text response, "You are naturally likable.  You have good interpersonal intelligence.  You are anointed, strong and favored.  You know what it feels like to interview for a job and get it.  You know what it feels like to win over clients and maintain them.  They will love you."

That wasn't me being encouraging.

It is agreeing with The Truth about College Kid.

***

At other times it goes like this...

Mom, "Son, you need to write the problems out."

Kid works problems in his head.

Mom, "You missed 10 out of 20.  You need to write the problems out."

Kid works problems in his head.

Mom, "Now, you missed 15 out of 20.  There are too many steps.  You can't work them in your head.  Write them out."

Kid works problems in his head.

Mom, astonished, "Now they are all wrong."

Kid, "Mom!  It's your teaching!  You are stressing me out!".

Mom, "No.  Your stubbornness is stressing you out.  Your problem is NOT math, and it's NOT me.  Your problem is that you are not a man under authority.  If you would submit, and write the problems out -- all of a sudden -- you'd find I'm a better teacher and you're better at math!"

***

For Victoria's birthday, I had some very specific things on my mind.







I wanted to speak words from the Bible that we have literally prayed over her since before she was born.  I knew we talked a lot about these words, even singing them to her in song when she was little -- but honestly -- I couldn't remember a time RECENTLY I had talked about these things with her.

These were the words, ancient words, I spoke...


Isaiah 62:1-5
For Zion’s sake you were not created to keep silent,
    for Jerusalem’s sake you will not remain quiet,
till Christ’s vindication shines out like the dawn,
    and his salvation like a blazing torch.
The nations will see this vindication,
    and all will see God’s glory;
God calls you by a new name
    that his mouth bestows on you.
You will be a crown of splendor in the Lord’s hand,
    a royal diadem in the hand of your God.
No longer will they call you Deserted,
    or name your land Desolate.
But you will be called God’s Delight,

   for the Lord will take delight in you,
  As a young man marries a young woman,
    so will your Builder marry you;
as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride,
    God rejoice over you.

Isaiah 61
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on you,
    because the Lord has anointed you
    to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent you to bind up the brokenhearted,
    to proclaim freedom for the captives
    and release prisoners from darkness.
He has sent you to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor
    and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
and provide for those who grieve —
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
    instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
    instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
    instead of a spirit of despair.
You will be called an oak of righteousness,
    a planting of the Lord
    for the display of his splendor.
You will rebuild the ancient ruins
    and restore the places long devastated;
you will renew the ruined cities
    that have been devastated for generations.
You will be called a priest of the Lord,
    you will be named a minister of our God.
You will feed on the wealth of nations,
    and in their riches you will boast.
Instead of shame
    you will receive a double portion,
and instead of disgrace
    you will rejoice in your inheritance.
And so you will inherit a double portion in your land,
    and everlasting joy will be yours.


This morning, I missed church.  Billy would be gone all day and I had an early afternoon piano recital to prepare for.  As I listened online and prayed these Words began to resonate strongly in my spirit, "The plan God has for you IS moving towards you.  Have faith."  I knew this was not just for me -- but for my family.  I sent a text to my husband and children...

"What God has for you, for us, IS coming towards you.  Have faith today."

God still speaks.  And, if you believe His Spirit resides within you, you hear Him.

Speak the things deep from your heart.  Speak them out loud so your child's ears can hear.  Then, when a little time passes, speak them again!

Blessings,










1 comment: