Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Father's Heart - 1


Billy here.... I'm sure I am violating some unspoken blogging rule by getting into this blog-versation that Shanna started! But, I figure my role as Father to Eli earns me a few lines of space. -- While the Thunderbird Jets fly test runs around our home, kids experience the last week of school, our home is looked at every few days for potential sale and I work on a very new work project, a little boy named Eli, Elias to be more exact, spends his days within the small and non-eventful orphanage he now calls home. At this very moment he sleeps, one day ahead of me. I wonder; is he cold, is he lonely, did he eat or get cleaned up before bed? Did someone tuck him in and say goodnight, or did he fall asleep restless and needy? I wonder how things happen in the morning. Does he enjoy waking up or is he grouchy? I wonder how long he goes each day before hearing a loving voice or receiving caring attention. Does someone sing with him or tickle him? Can he find a toy to play with? -- Realizing there are hundreds of thousands of kids in this type of situations, I find it strangely easy to focus on just this one little guy, my new son Eli. -- I am listening to an audio book about the Google Story, yes the technology company. The way America provides the environment for 2 young guys to build one of the largest and most influential technology companies in the world out of their garage illustrates the vast ocean of opportunities soon to be available to Eli. America and the Ramsdell home will be a refuge for him and though he does not know we are coming, there is a date on the calendar and a time on the clock, somewhere near in the future, when his destiny will drastically change. Being passed from the arms of his caregivers to his forever family will mean a transformation in every area of life. We thank God ahead of time for every opportunity he will realize while being in our family. We also thank God for giving us the love and ability to open our heart and home to him. -- We pray, more than anything, that the God of the Universe, Father God Almighty, would visit this little boy each and every night until we come, speaking and singing His love over him, causing his heart to long for the Father in Heaven and feeling comfort and peace. -- If I could speak to him now I would call him by name. I would tell him, "Elias Ramsdell, you have been chosen by God just as I have. To leave the life of an orphan and to live forever in the arms of Father God, a son so deeply loved that nothing will ever be the same for you. You will never go hungry, never be alone and never live a day without the love of a family. Watch for us, we will be there soon, we love you."
Until that moment, I fight the distraction of this great adventure and go back to work.....

No comments:

Post a Comment