Sunday, August 18, 2013

Praying the Word

In college, my dorm proctor, Miss Patti, was a friend.  She was a mentor in joy, in loving Jesus, in loving others.  She invited me to a bible study entitled "Lord Change Me" by Evelyn Christenson.

This led me to read "What Happens When Women Pray" by Christenson...and a plethora of other books on prayer.

I learned to take the words of scripture and pray them -- literally as well as pray the ideas I found there.

These are a few I am currently praying for my family...

"Moreover, when God gives any man wealth and possessions and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work - THIS IS A GIFT OF GOD.  He seldom reflects on the days of his life, because God keeps him occupied with gladness of heart."  Ecc 5:19-20

(I LOVE this!!!  I don't want to look back frequently with regret.  I want to ENJOY.  I want to be "occupied with gladness of heart."  So good...such a gift!)

"Lord, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, Oh Lord.  Renew them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy."  Hab 3:2

"Whoever obeys his command will come to no harm, and the wise heart will know the proper time and procedure.  For there is a proper time and procedure for every matter, though a person may be weighed down by misery."  Ecc 8:5-6

When we have wisdom to know the "what" and the "how" of our lives, this is a great blessing, yes?

When you stand at a place in life where you have no words, you can trust The Word that brings life, healing and peace.

We ALL have stories of prayers gone unanswered, of times we ASKED and nothing happened.  It's not just you.  It's me too -- and a thousand other people.  Still, I will continue to come and ask.

"To be mighty in prayer, you don't have to be trendy, cool, educated, smart, or anything else.  Refuse to be denied."  - David Perkins.


I would love for you to tell me what you are praying...








No comments:

Post a Comment