Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fall Break 2012

We've spent this past week on Fall Break.  For my Florida family and friends, it's just like Spring Break, but it's in the Fall.  We have fall here.  This is what it looks like...

This...


And this....




We slept in, made pinterest crafts (well I bought the supplies for Victoria to make pinterest crafts), cooked beautiful dinners and ate at a decorated dining room table.

Billy and I had brunch together and took the kids to the Penny Arcade in Manitou - where every game is sure to cost at least a quarter.



All three of my guys playing Poll Position...




Bull Riding....sorta




Introduction to Pinball....





I spent a few hours each day reading.  I worked out and made sure I ate healthy.  I napped.  I relaxed.

I took the kids to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science and enjoyed the day.  My 15 year old blessed me by tagging along and being totally delightful.  Yes, I bribed her by letting her drive us all the way to Denver...on the Highway...but still...





We found Eli a Halloween Costume for $3.99 at the Goodwill.




Some of us did a lot of this.....





And this.....





And this....






We ended the week by preparing for and having a family dinner for our youngest daughter's birthday.  Our friends Jamie and Mark let her spend her birthday on their farm, Sterling Acres, harvesting honey.









While she was away, we cleaned and made things look a little more "special" than they usually do around here...







We spent the evening watching old home movies and, Victoria ended up having a very good time with the Ramfam!



Tomorrow, we all go back to school and work.  Even though I understand that vacation is made sweet only in contrast to our hard working every day life, admittedly, we still aren't thrilled that it's over.  Fortunately, FALL is here to stay and I am making good progress on my FALL PLAY LIST.  Click here to view!


On that note, I'll leave you with a favorite vacation quote!  Until Thanksgiving Break....

To get away from one's working environment is, in a sense, to get away from one's self; and this is often the chief advantage of travel and change. - Charles Horton Cooley












No comments:

Post a Comment